What are antibiotics?
Antibiotics are pharmaceuticals that inhibit life activity of infectious agents of bacterial origin.
Following their effect antibiotics are classified as bactericide (that is fully destroying cells of infectious agent, for example, penicillin, ampicillin, cephalexin(Keflex), gentamicin) and bacteriostatic (when bacteria cells are not destroyed but loss ability for reproduction, for example erythromycin, tetracycline, laevomycetin). Effect of bactericide antibiotic comes faster. And if you stop to take bacteriostatic antibiotic, disease will again return with high probability.
Every antibiotic is effective in relation to a definite group of microorganisms: some of them it inhibits more effectively and in relation to the other does not have any effect.
It should be taken into account that antibiotics do not effect viruses anyhow and thus they are not used for ARVI, influenza, hepatitis and other virus infections treatment.
What kinds of antibiotics are there?
Antibiotics are produced in such pharmaceutical forms as pills, capsules, syrups, drops, salves, solutions, suppositories, gas dispersoids. Each pharmaceutical form has its own advantages and disadvantages.
Thus, pills, capsules and syrups are soft and painless in application, but if there are any problems with gastrointestinal system and there is a vasospasm of internal organs (that is observed in case of high temperature), then preparation absorbability into blood decreases and concentrations of preparation necessary for fighting pathogenic microorganisms cannot be achieved. Despite the fact that intravenous and intramuscular injections of antibiotic are painful and their injection needs help of medical personnel, they allow inject strictly necessary amount of preparation. Drops, suppositories and salves can have only local effect, but do not have adverse effects for the organism as a whole.
Administration way is chosen depending on that where preparation should be transported, how quickly and in what amount. Therefore, in case of severe disease progression intravenous or intramuscular way is often chosen, in case of easy and medium disease progression - pills are chosen, for children - syrups are chosen, in case of eye infections - drops and salves are chosen, in case of skin infections - salves, solutions for outward application are chosen. Combinations of antibiotics are often used. If combination was chosen in a right way, then one antibiotic increases effect of the other.
What antibiotic to choose?
Following microorganisms action spectrum antibiotics are divided into:
- preparations effecting predominately gram-positive bacteria - penicillins, lincomycin;
- preparations effecting predominantly gram-negative bacteria - polymixins, monobactams;
- preparations of wide action spectrum: cephalosporins of the third generation, tetracyclines, aminoglycosides, amoxicillin(Amoxil), ampicillin.
In order to definitely know what antibiotic bacteria are sensitive in each case, bacteriological examination should be done. But results have to be waited for long and there is usually no time. Therefore, doctors prescribe empiric treatment (that means antibiotic choice at random). It is easier to guess with antibiotic choice in case of preparations of wide action spectrum prescription. But when choosing antibiotic in an empiric way doctors still use definite rules. For example, otitis can be treated with either penicillin, or ampicillin. Antibiotic lincomycin well permeates into bones and is used for suppurative inflammation of bones treatment (osteomyelitis). But polymyxin is not absorbed into blood from gastrointestinal system at all and has effect only in intestine and it is useful for intestinal infections treatment. Following such clinically proved principle antibiotics for infection treatment in all organs and systems are chosen.
- Thus, in case of ENT-organs (ear, nose, throat) diseases cephalosporins (cephalexin(Keflex), cefaclor, cefuroxime, cefadroxil, cefdinir), oxacillin, amoxicillin/clavulanate, clarithromycin, azithromycin(zithromax), erythromycin, cloxacillin, ofloxacin, levofloxacin, lomefloxacin, ciprofloxacin are more effective.
- In case of respiratory system diseases cephalosporins (cefpodoxime, cephalexin(Keflex), cefadroxil, cefuroxime), azithromycin, minocycline, lomefloxacin, sparfloxacine, amoxicillin, clindamycin, lincomycin, linezolid, cloxacillin, clarithromycin are predominantly used.
- In case of some kidney infections lomefloxacin, ofloxacin, norfloxacin, levofloxacin, amoxicillin, azithromycin(zithromax), cloxacillin are applied.
- In case of urogenital system infections (cystitis) ofloxacin, norfloxacin, sparfloxacine, trimethoprim, minocycline, doxycycline, aminoglycosides, clindamycin, cloxacillin are used.
- In case of intestinal infections cephalosporins, polymyxins, nitrofurans, tetracyclines are used.
- In gynecology doxycycline, clindamycin, lincomycin, ofloxacin, tetracycline are used.
- In case of bone and joints infections lomefloxacin, levofloxacin, clindamycin, lincomycin, cloxacillin are used.
- In case of gastrointestinal system infections (helicobacter infections, gall bladder and bile passages infections) amoxicillin, ampicillin, aminoglycosides, metronidazole(flagyl), clarithromycin are used.
- In case of skin and soft tissues infections levofloxacin, clindamycin, lincomycin, cephalexin, erythromycin salve, ampicillin, linezolid, cloxacillin are used.
- In case of eye infections aminoglycosides, chloramphenicol, tetracycline, erythromycin are used.
- In case of intestinal infections (cholera, yersiniosis) tetracycline is used.
- In case of infections initiated by protozoa microorganisms tinidazole, doxycycline, tetracycline are used.
- In case of toxoplasmosis, tropical malaria clindamycin is used.
- In case of mouth cavity infections penicillin, aminoglycosides, ampicillin, amoxicillin are used.
- In case of sepsis, severe infections not sensitive to other preparations chloramphenicol, linezolid, cloxacillin are used.
Where one can purchase antibiotics?
Wide application area makes antibiotics vital for great amount of people, whose health directly depends on timely preparation intake. The other case is that purchase of one or another antibiotic in a common drugstore needs huge material expenses and not every person can allow buying such expensive pharmaceuticals.
Perfect alternative in this situation can be Internet drugstore making purchases in which one can save up to seventy percent, being sure about pharmaceuticals quality.
It is not difficult to order a necessary preparation - you should only fill in an appropriate form at the site and receive a confirmation in order for you to receive a package as soon as possible.
Cooperating with a proved Indian pharmacological plant, our drugstore offers a wide variety of antibiotics with quality guarantee proved by presence of FDA/WHO standards compliance certificate by the producer. Not insignificant advantage of cooperation will be organization of delivery in any country and shipment process is carried out within 2 business days from order payment date. We help solve several issues at once: on one hand, you can purchase by us without unnecessary expenses and on the other hand, in order to make a purchase you do not need to provide a doctor’s prescription. Our drugstore considers its customers’ needs in an extremely responsible way providing high class service and anonymity.